- Collect & distribute remuneration due to performing artists in the music field
- Support development & of performers´ statutory rights improvement
- Promote artists´ & musicians´ professional interests
The Board of PRISM consists of 4 music performers association and 4 individuals who currently represent the interests in the Malaysia Music Industry.
Co-operation with PPM, the Producers Society, to collect public performance royalty.
Collecting Bodies In Malaysia
• MACP (Music Authors Copyrights Protection (M) Bhd) – collecting on behalf of composers, lyricists and music publishers.
• PPM (Public Performance Malaysia Sdn Bhd) - collect on behalf of recording companies or music productions companies.
• PRISM (Performers & Artistes Rights (M) Sdn Bhd) – collect on behalf of recording artistes and musicians.
PRISM is initiated by Majlis Muzik Malaysia (MMM) and is strongly supported by 10 other associations :-
- • PAIMM (Persatuan Akademi Industri Muzik Malaysia)
• PAPITA (Persatuan Penyanyi, Pemuzik Dan Penulis Lagu Tanah Air)
• PPM (Public Performance Malaysia Sdn Bhd)
• MAM (Musicians Association of Malaysia)
• RIM (Persatuan Industri Rakaman Malaysia)
• AMCA (Association of Malaysia Chinese Artistes)
• IRIM (Indian Recording Industry of Malaysia)
• MALEP (Malaysian Association of Live Entertainment Promoters)
• PENYIAR (National Broadcasters’ Association of Malaysia)
• MAME (The Malaysian Association for Music Education)
International Co-operation and Relations
Outside Malaysia, PRISM carries out its activities in close collaboration with the following international organizations:-
- International Societies Council for the Administration of Performers Rights
- International Federation of Musician Union
- International Federation of Actors Union
The number of countries within this organization increases each year and we consider this collaboration as essential for an efficient global administration of Performers Rights.